Our club was organized in 1900 with 24 members. In 1908 were we requested street
signs in our village. We were active in WWI and WWII with the Red Cross knitting
socks and sweaters and rolling bandages weekly. We sponsored the community Mother
Daughter banquet from 1928 through 1960 and again 1980 through 2004.
We celebrated our club’s 100th anniversary during the Centennial of the Village in
We were instrumental in the opening of the library in 1962, and the building of the
new library in 1997.
We currently have 14 members are are working to increase our membership.
Women in the Philo area are encouraged to attend our meetings or contact us for more
information. Our volunteer work is a wonderful way to give back to the community
and establish lasting friendships and fellowship.